Luggage

We are replacing our 30 year old soft sided Samsonite luggage. Although we like hard sided, we are concerned with room in the cabin, How well does it stow in the cabin? We always just packed our soft sided inside of one another and slid them under the bed. We usually pack fairly heavy for cruises, with at least 2 dress sets, a couple "casual" outfits and 7 or 8 pairs of shorts/shirts/undergarments. Suggestions?

14 Answers

I’m thinking of getting a large wardrobe trunk. The only problem is getting it in and out of the car. I could roll it right into the closet and open it up instead of unpacking everything. I think we could both use the same one and still have room……then again……

Exactly what my wife said.

Excellent suggestion .. never would have thought of that.

I switched to hard side and I'm very happy with it. The best was to store it under the bed is to open it and store it that way. It's also a good place to store shoes, in half of the "clam shell" of your suitcase if you tend to bring more than most. Since you indicate you have more than one piece, they can still be nestled inside each other. Hope you find what you are looking for.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.