If you've Cruised More than Once, What Makes One Cruise more Memorable than Another?

All cruising is memorable for me, but what makes one cruise stand out over others was the "happy" on one ship. Everyone was in a good mood, lots of laughter, no complaining. It was on the Royal Princess in the Caribbean and 10 days flew by because of the "mood". I vowed to be one of the "happy" cruisers forever.

15 Answers

This topic is now closed to new posts

Seeing duplicate threads for this topic. Closing this one. Please continue the conversation here:

http://cruiseline.com/forum/post/if-you-ve-cruised-more-than-once-what-makes-one-cruise-more-memorable-than-another

My first cruise was memorable because it was my first cruise (The Love Boat theme was in my head as I boarded) - and because we ran into a hurricane. It turned out to be great. My 25th anniversary cruise was memorable because we had two female friends with us, and the three of us partied every night (hubby's not much of a night person). One of the women, my travel buddy, and I did a Panama Canal cruise and we had a ball. Our last cruise was a 15-day Hawaii cruise. Awesome! Other cruises were memorable in their own way.

There is always are some happy and some not so happy on a given cruise, but it certainly is true that if one is around a lot of sourpusses it can amount to a real downer for the total experience one is undertaking at the time. This is true not only for cruises but for most other recreational adventures. When on a cruise and a nagging, complaining unpleasant personality is close at hand, we just move on to more pleasant environs and fellow cruisers. On occasion, a loud mouth expert on everything worldly, particularly politics, can be a real annoyance and it might prove difficult to put some distance between us and the blowhard under the circumstances, but that doesn't occur all that much, for us anyway. One reason we abandoned the old traditional seating in favor of anytime seating or at least a table for two only, is to assure we don't get stuck at a table on a lengthy voyage with someone espousing a continual line of negativity. Works good for us anyway allowing us to enjoy all our cruises immensely.

Saw something different, people we cruised with new itinerary.

1. Itinerary

2. Outstanding shore excursions.

3. Stateroom size, layout, cleanliness and comfort---including balcony layout.

4.. All around ship quality and service including ship safety and commensurate crew training.

5.. Quality of meals in the Main Dining Room including no overcrowding, trained and ample kitchen and wait staff.

6. Specialty restaurants availability, quality and cuisine.

7. Cordial stateroom room service including meals served there.

8. Fitness facilities.

9. Hot tubs, are there plenty of them, are they hot, are they overcrowded?

AH HA!

I knew it!

My most memorable cruise was our January 2014 cruise on the Carnival Splendor. That's when I got married!

Ok! This started several years ago on the Carnival Funville Forum, there was a thread called "dija ever". Someone posted "dija ever go-go dance in the glass elevator?" I was intrigued and on the very next cruise I persuaded some ladies under the influence who were riding one of them to go-go dance with me. It was fun and there are folks who want pictures... and I have said only if you are on the same cruise and take them yourself. That is the short version....Wink

Ummmm....Yea....Big Smile

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.