DVCruise
Contributor Level: Captain

If you've Cruised More than Once, What Makes One Cruise more Memorable than Another?

All cruising is memorable for me, but what makes one cruise stand out over others was the "happy" on one ship.  Everyone was in a good mood, lots of laughter, no complaining.  It was on the Royal Princess in the Caribbean and 10 days flew by because of the "mood".  I vowed to be one of the "happy" cruisers forever.

Tags:

15 Answers

AuntPinkie

The adventures do sometimes run together, but the things that make each one memorable have been the "firsts". Our first cruise, my parents first cruise, our first balcony, our first suite, the first time we cruised with friends, the fist time we dressed up for a Halloween cruise, going with special people for their first cruise, go-go dancing in the glass elevator, ...there are so many more.

JusMe

I think it is a combination or service and food on the ship and the ports visited.    I remember my first time on Celebrity,  it was only a 3 night weekend cruise but I remember it from the level of service and quality of food.  I remember the Greek Islands cruise because of the ports visited.

BonMike

Each of our cruises have been really special and memorable for us because we've been on different ships and seen different ports. 

OldGreyWolf
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

I cannot say that one was any more memorable than another. All were special and all have fond memories.

WeCruiseToo

Um, does anyone else think this needs to be elaborated on? Surprised

Johngold

Ummmm....Yea....Big Smile

AuntPinkie

Ok!  This started several years ago on the Carnival Funville Forum, there was a thread called "dija ever".  Someone posted "dija ever go-go dance in the glass elevator?"  I was intrigued and on the very next cruise I persuaded some ladies under the influence who were riding one of them to go-go dance with me.  It was fun and there are folks who want pictures... and I have said only if you are on the same cruise and take them yourself. That is the short version....Wink

ashleebrown

My most memorable cruise was our January 2014 cruise on the Carnival Splendor. That's when I got married!

ctav

AH HA!

I knew it!

Kennicott

1. Itinerary

2. Outstanding shore excursions.

3. Stateroom size, layout, cleanliness and comfort---including balcony layout. 

4.. All around ship quality and service including ship safety and commensurate crew training.

5.. Quality of meals in the Main Dining Room including no overcrowding, trained and ample kitchen and wait staff.

6. Specialty restaurants availability, quality and cuisine.

7. Cordial stateroom room service including meals served there.

8. Fitness facilities.

9. Hot tubs, are there plenty of them, are they hot, are they overcrowded?  

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.