Favorite Season to Cruise

What is your favorite season to cruise and why and where?

Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall

21 Answers

January or February. Winters in Illinois can get long and cold. We like to break up the winter a bit by going on a cruise in the middle of winter. So far we've cruised the caribbean and really enjoy it. Our favorite ports so far are Ocho Rios and any place nice to snorkel!

Feburary, March, April.

I live in the land of 9 months of winter, and 3 months of bad sledding, so by the time late winter/early spring rolls around, I NEED to be somewhere warm

Only ever cruised in the summer due to the nature of our jobs. Once retired by this Christmas we will be looking at other seasons to cruise.

For me it is Spring. My birthday is in April and I try to take a trip every April now. My second favorite is Summer, being a teacher I get the summer off and don't have to worry about missing school.

We avoid Spring Break and Summer (too hot in the Caribbean) and we actually have Summer jobs.

Nov to early dec...then at least one more feb to april...and sometimes we sort of stick one in the middle...can't stand winters...at least really bad ones...(we DO like the 4 seasons) its really nice around here in the spring (not counting spring storms) and the fall in the hills ,,,well...wouldn't miss that for anything...

We prefer to cruise the Caribbean in January/February. We live in Northeast Ohio and need to get out of the awful weather!

Living in Los Angeles I do not have any weather to escape from. I do make sure not to cruise during Spring break or even summer vacation for kids.

My favorite is end of season in Europe, around November. The weather is nice and cool, kids are in school and it is not as busy as high season.

I'm always happy to do a quick 4 night to Mexico for a get away year round. Re-positioning cruises are great when I can book one of those. One advantage of being retired is I can go whenever I want or if I find a deal to good not to go.

Being from N. WI, where it frequently gets below zero and we get lots of snow, we like February to the Caribbean. Last February we got 40" of snow up here while we were cruising. My buddy had to plow us out 4 times.

Much like “it’s 5 o’clock somewhere,” every season is Cruise Season! We’ve cruised during every month of the year and loved them all!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.