Excursions

I went to my booking today to look at excursions. I've never booked one. I either don't want to spend the money or I enjoy just doing my own thing. My time my choices. Plus I read at times they're not worth it. Opinions????

36 Answers

We did everything on our own in Europe, except for the our first stop in South Hampton. We did the ships excursion to Stonehenge, it was worth the money. Like i said earlier it all boils down to what your comfort level.

We became more independent about excursions after doing ship excursions but it really depends upon the port...Some are easier to maneuver on your own than others. For us now, the deciding factor is if we are doing something that is "far" from the pier and/or potentially late returning, we stick with the ship excursion so we are guaranteed return.

I know I responded to this thread already. But after my cruise I just came off of Wednesday I'm swayed even more to doing things on my own. Went on a ship excursion in Victoria on Tuesday and I felt like I was trapped in a very boring situation that I couldn't walk away from instead of browsing the things I was interested in seeing.

Does ship excursions includes cocktail party for batender

If there is an excursion on a motorcycle we do them, otherwise we just stay on ship. We don't care about beaches and water, as we live in Galveston. We rode Harleys in Cozumel and Alaska and that was a blast!!!

Booking excursions through the cruiseline or this site will guarantee you get back to the ship on time. That's most important to me. Wink

I do all ship excursions one less thing to worry about.

About 80% of the time, we book ship sponsored excursions. Otherwise we do the Hop On Hop Off bus or just do our own thing.

Next cruise I bought excursions through the cruise line since they'll be getting far from the ship and I don't want to risk getting left behind. The one after that I'm going on my own. Going to start doing my own thing more often, ship sponsored excursions do get expensive.

--------------------

I love beautiful scantily clad (and non-clad) babes - no matter what hair color, as much as the next guy but, well, ahhh, should we be posting that sort of picture here? Just asking, I don't mind it at all personally.

Blondes and Red heads.Happy

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.