Excursions

I went to my booking today to look at excursions.  I've never booked one.  I either don't want to spend the money or I enjoy just doing my own thing.  My time my choices.  Plus I read at times they're not worth it.  Opinions????

Tags:

36 Answers

I'd rent the jeep in Aruba and explore on your own ... Grand Turk is one big beach area within walking distance so I'd hang there for the day without a planned "excursion",  

I've done ship excursions, exterior website excursions and do my own thing excursions.  Really depends on what your interests are ...

fyi, they drive on the other side of the road there.

Not in Aurba ... they drive on the right just like we do ...

My misssssssstake.Surprised

I only know that because I began having a coronary when my son drove on what I thought was the wrong side of the street ...

I've done pretty well on doing my (our) own thing in port - if they have Hop On Hop Off busses and there is time I do that too. Ship-booked tours too often have guides with heavily accented/hard to comprehend English, and tend to be over-priced. On the other hand - with a ship-booked excursion you know no matter how late they are, the ship won't leave without you (and of course if something bad happens - the cruise line has deeper pockets...

I'm going with this post.  Perhaps Debbie's too.  I like doing my own thing

Agreed! Big Smile

For me,  if it is first time in a port or part of the world I may do a excursion to get the over lay of the land.  If it is a return visit I'm quiet happy taking the local subway, train, buss system or the hop on hop off.  For smaller ports I'm good to get a map and go for a few mile long walk (walk off some of that good ship food).

Some excursions are very expensive but they are once in a life time type excursions like taking the helicopter to the dog sled camp and going on a dog sled ride in Alaska.   Expensive,  sure ($ 600.00) but it is something you will do once in your life.   Life is about living and living is not cheap.

We have done ship excursions, most of the time we do our own thing. I think what it boils down to is what you are comfortable with. The thing to remember is the ship only waits for their excursions.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.