18 Answers

Wow that is a good to know information, thanks for sharing. This gives full awareness.

Good luck the the Baltics cruise. I hope things are more clear by then. That is a terrific cruise.

Everybody knows by now, that there are no cruises anymore in 2020. They are using the time for testing. Don't know if I would want to chance a January booking or not.

I just got the call, our December Caribbean with RCL has been canceled.

No surprise there.

This is travel #7 canceled for the year.

We still have an 11-day Baltic in July on the books. Not sure if the 7-day limit will apply to that or not.

Either way, we're not cruising again until the mask mandates and excursion-bubbles have ended.

Princess Cruise Line has decided to cancel through the end of December. No decision on our 10 days cruise in January. We will wait until just before final due date (November 20) to decide if we will bail or not. I can’t imagine how they will be ready by January 19th. Surprised

Yeh I just saw that. So it looks to me like they did an end run around "whoever" is driving the bus, because it would've been impossible for any cruise line to "apply" for permission to sail say 8/31 for 11/1, because the process didn't even exist back then...not to mention allowing enough time for the CDC to analyze their so-called "permission submissions." (I just invented that term heheheheh) Gotta give em credit for deviousness eh? Strange no one has challenged them. Let alone the bus driver...Guess they all have other things on their minds....

I see that this morning after reviewing the CDC statement that 3 major cruise lines all announced they are cancelling Dec 2020 sailing. Sort of have to as in order to get the approval they have to apply 60 days before the planned sailing. So if they applied today the earliest any could sail would be Jan 1.

Exactly....thats why I opined about just who is driving this bus in another thread.

Just keep in mind, CDC does not want sailing to resume. The White House forced the issue. CDC could make changes that would be really difficult to comply with. It is like they are holding out the carrot, but we are going to end up with the stick.

I am cautiously optimistic for this great first step. We have two cruises booked for 2021 and I am hoping both sail as scheduled. We had 3 cruises cancelled in 2020 and we are going stir crazy waiting to get back on board.

You got that one darn straight .. we will be watching for certain.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.