1st Cruise!

Hi, I’m Jasmine! I’ll be sailing out on May 6th on Carnival Valor to Cozumel/Costa Maya! It’s my first cruise ever! Any pointers?!?

Tags: #firstcruise #carnival #May2023 #carnivalvalor

30 Answers

Very true indeed. We all learn something new each time we take a holiday, or a cruise :)

Thanks so much

Lynn is beautiful

Make sure your watch is on Ship Time otherwise you might end up on YouTube or TikTok!

My biggest advice is BE PERPARED TO BE HOOKED!!

Go with an open mind. Every moment may not be exactly as you expect but did it ruin your entire trip? Dance like you will never see these people again in life (spoiler alert: you wont). Try every new food on the MDR menu you would never pay for at home.

I am always curious how people go on cruises and say they had the worst time and there was nothing to eat. I've come to the realization that those people live to complain and refuse to make the most out of everything. Did in rain while you were in port? Sure, but in my book a rainy port day beats the heck out of a rainy work day any day of the week.

ENJOY EVERYTHING! TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING! LAUGH UNCONTROLABLY! BOOK MORE CRUISES!

Ha ha.... Lovely quotation Yankee47.

I love it .Happy

Lynn is feeling great.

[quote=Yankee47]

Bought a real cheapie at Walmart, only feature (besides it keeps time and is waterproof) is you push a button and it switches a time zone (one) to whatever you like...I call it my cruisin watch...

Great idea - thanks for the tip. Even those of us well beyond our first cruise can always learn something to make the next one better. :)

Bought a real cheapie at Walmart, only feature (besides it keeps time and is waterproof) is you push a button and it switches a time zone (one) to whatever you like...I call it my cruisin watch...don't care what happens to it, (hot tub etc) but it keeps on tickin..or whatever it does....

Great idea.

Lynn is beautiful

And the Carnival HUB app always shows the ships time.

Trying to post again.

Thank you, Lynn.

Old post popped up. It's like it got stuck and needed a push. BTW: AP is also fine. In the "real" world I use Pinkie. So any of those combinations is okay.

Thank you.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.