Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Baltic Sea Cruis

Sail Date: July 28, 2016

We had a lovely time cruising the Baltic Sea. Seeing Berlin, Stockholm, St. Petersberg, Gottenburg, Helsinki, Travemunde, Copenhagen--amazing places. It was wonderful to hear the languages and see the cultures of each country. Exhausting, but in the best possible way.

One exception to my happy face--ALL verandahs are smoking. I am allergic to smoke so every time I tried to enjoy the sitting outside my neighbor would be smoking. Which made me upset with him. When I asked the front desk about it--they said they were all smoking. Maybe they could make one side smoking.
Very efficient!
They were doing maintenance constantly while we were on the ship. I am not taking fixing what was broken, but painting etc. The toilets  in our room didn't work a few times.
The trivia games were fun, except they never had a theme. So, you had to answer really hard random questions. They people I was with and myself, felt really dumb after attending them. One exception being the Movie Poster trivia--that was fun.
There were kids everywhere even in the bar late at night when the trivia games were going on. This was a big surprise as we thought this would be mostly adults. I know they had a kids program, but I am not sure it was very good as the room was empty whenever we went by and the kids were taking up the pool and hot tubs, so we only enjoyed the hot tub one night.
One of the shows was really fun. Then the last one, which was supposed to be the best..well, the singers felt like a bunch of high school people interpreting songs they didn't understand. The music seemed to be like playing a 45 record on 33. That was frustrating to watch. The dancers were awesome.
The lady at the Explorations cafe named Junita--very nice knew my name from the first day on.
The salad lady named Vivian--very cheery every time we saw her. She joked with me which was nice.
Kevin, entertainment--he did the trivia games we went to. He made an effort to chat with us.
Tere was a leak in one of the kitchens in the buffet area. They also had the people who get drinks for you in the buffet dining room filling their pitchers at the same place we were filling our drinks, so the lines became long, just to get an iced tea.
Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany
Tallinn, Estonia
Take a private tour with a local!!
St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
Helsinki, Finland
Go to the country home and see how it is to live away from the city there
Stockholm, Sweden
Make sure you know which direction you are walking if you decide to walk back to the ship.
Travemunde (Lubeck), Germany