A Very Good Cruise

Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Glacier Bay & Inside Passage (Vancouver Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 07, 2014

Overall, my wife, my sister and family friend thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this cruise. This was my wife and my 3rd cruise, our first on Holland America. It was my sister's first. We each had balcony cabins which made coastal viewing exceptional. Our cabins were very comfortable and we were well taken care of by our steward. I use a CPAP machine for Sleep Apnea and all I needed to bring on board was a 6 ft extension cord. The cruise line provided the distilled water at a minor charge.

We mostly ate in the buffet which had a fairly nice variety of foods which were well prepared. We ate in the dining room twice, which was very enjoyable.

We enjoyed the evening entertainment very much, as well as bingo in the afternoon (my wife did very well in one of the games)! The library is a wonderful section of the ship where you can relax, enjoy coffee, a pastry and great views of the surrounding wilderness. We hung out there almost daily.

All three ports were very enjoyable stops, and the local folks we met were very friendly. Our excursions were entertaining and educational. We felt that we would like to return to Skagway and Ketchikan again for an extended stay. Glacier Bay was great! The sun was out and our view of the glaciers was spectacular.

The staff on board this ship were exceptional. They were friendly, very helpful and enthusiastic about working. Some of the passengers (mostly European to be honest) tended to be a bit rude to them, but the staff just responded with a smile and tried to make whatever accommodation needed.

My wife and I previously cruised on Princess, and I think we prefer that cruise line...but Holland America had a better price and it really was an enjoyable time. We would cruise H.A. again.

Hard workers, friendly and helpful

Looking for a place to just kick back, hang out and have a great view? Go to the library.

Go to the Vancouver Aquarium