Zaandam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruising The Inside Passage

Sail Date: July 30, 2010

My wife and I returned from a seven day cruise on the Zaandam to the Inside Passage Alaska. We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise! The staff were all very professional and always trying to please the passengers. We had sailed on another cruise line previously and Holland America outshown them in every aspect. The dining, entertainment ,tours and every phase of the cruise was enjoyable. I personally really liked the comedian and the Elton John impersonator best of all the entertainment. We wwould definitely cruise with HAL again!
Our house keepers Ali and Padiyonta(sp) were fantastic and always pleasant. We had a different figure made from tiles every evening. All and all the cruise was delightful! However there was one aspect that I personally did'nt care for and that was parents allowing their children to fun up and down the deck in the cabin area at all times of night. Also, children were just plain rude while dining and just in general. The word excuse me is'nt a part of their vocabulary. My biggest problem is the parents allow this type of behavior to go unchecked! They just stand by and allow thier little angels to destroy the peace of everyone's vacation.

Pros: Price, Upgrade and Ease of Travel

Cons: Parents with Obnoxious Children Who Don't Control Them

Recommends Zaandam? Yes!