not so hot start

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 13, 2011
Ship: Westerdam
The ship was clean but the decor was very dated, the rooms were very small, the fixtures, ie bathroom didnt work well. There were only two outlets in each room, and one in the bathroom. We were unable to use our cell phones on the cruse except in port it was very expensive to use the ship cell tower, and internet usage was VERY expensive pay by the miniute. They seemed out to get money all the time, it sometimes felt like a seven day infomercial. BUT the crew was exceptional, the food was good, and there were really good people working on the ship, if not for them i would have been very dissapointed. The Alaska experience was wonderful the views and the ports all were breathtaking, We had great weather, something that is rare on these cruses. When i left I felt like I had been well rested. So over all it was a good time and I am very glad I went, would I go again? Been there done that, Would I go on a cruse again, Yes, would I go with Holland America? only if the ship was newer.

They have to serve 1600 meals a day to crew and guests. The food was good and had alot of different choises.

Wow everyone went out of there way, from the shopping guide to the cruse director. to the servers in the dinning room they always smiled and said thank you and how can i help. AND they ment it.

Clean but it was very apparent of the age and usage of the ship

SMALL and very cramped,
Shopping and torist based
Late night Ok but day would be much better
What can I SAY WOW. very good Visit the Eagle center and walk the path.. and the History walk it was GREAT

Pros: The crew was wonderful, Excempt for the front dest, everyone went above and beoyond

Cons: The state rooms were MUCH smaller than were advertized. The ship was clean but seemed run down, all the years of crusing has taken a toll

Recommends Westerdam? No.