Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Staffs need to be trained better

Sail Date: June 04, 2011

Compare to other HAL ships I took, Westerdam's staffs are not as friendly. I think that's a management problem. The Lido deck often have long lines of people waiting for food. I thought you suppose to serve yourself, but that's not the case most of the time.

Pros: Elevator with View

Cons: Movie Theater

Recommends Westerdam? No.

Their staffs should definitely be trained better and be more friendly and alert to customer needs.
Lido deck has problem. The normal dinner room is better but staff is not as friendly as other HAL ships.
The movie theater layout is not good. The time for movie often conflict with dinner time (6:00PM - 8:00PM) so it seems they do not emphasize the movie on the shipl
Westerdam has 4 Elevator in the mid ship area that has view. That's a cool feature.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Ketchikan is a good place to catch king Salmon in the summer. I went with this ship: http://www.avidanglercharters.com. The captain Larry Wiseman is very pleasant.
Sitka, Alaska
Sikta is a small town. I talked to a local and he recommened me to visit the Nature History Park at the east side of town by 20 mins walk. There's totem poles and beautiful trails in the wood. That was a wonderful place you should not miss.
Don't Miss: Nature History Park
Juneau, Alaska
Go visit http://www.alaskazip.com to book your next zip line experience at Juneau, Alaska. It's a wonderful experience.
Victoria, British Columbia