Staffs need to be trained better

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaskan Explorer (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 04, 2011
Ship: Westerdam
Compare to other HAL ships I took, Westerdam's staffs are not as friendly. I think that's a management problem. The Lido deck often have long lines of people waiting for food. I thought you suppose to serve yourself, but that's not the case most of the time.

Lido deck has problem. The normal dinner room is better but staff is not as friendly as other HAL ships.

The movie theater layout is not good. The time for movie often conflict with dinner time (6:00PM - 8:00PM) so it seems they do not emphasize the movie on the shipl

Their staffs should definitely be trained better and be more friendly and alert to customer needs.

Westerdam has 4 Elevator in the mid ship area that has view. That's a cool feature.

Sikta is a small town. I talked to a local and he recommened me to visit the Nature History Park at the east side of town by 20 mins walk. There's totem poles and beautiful trails in the wood. That was a wonderful place you should not miss.
Don't Miss: Nature History Park
Ketchikan is a good place to catch king Salmon in the summer. I went with this ship: http://www.avidanglercharters.com. The captain Larry Wiseman is very pleasant.
Go visit http://www.alaskazip.com to book your next zip line experience at Juneau, Alaska. It's a wonderful experience.

Don't Miss: Butchart Garden

Pros: Elevator with View

Cons: Movie Theater

Recommends Westerdam? No.