Westerdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We were sorta disappointed!

Sail Date: November 25, 2007

This is my third cruise with Holland America and I wanted to share one with my husband (this was our honeymoon). As I expected the ship was clean and the service superior. The food, well, wasn't as good as previous trips, sorta blan. The wine was expensive and a bottle of wine was purchased every night at dinner for our table. Room service was superior however food was so so. The balcony suite we were assigned was somewhat dissapointing. We were a end unit on the 4 level and guests who walk the third level could look up at us. The entire site toward the front of the ship was rescue boats and in front of us railings used to lift them. Being that we were on our honeymoon, we enjoyed going out on our balcony, however there was no privacy at all. When I booked my this cruise I was specific about it being my Honeymoon. We also had a mishap at the casino. I really don't gamble however love to play caribbean polker and learned three card studd. I enjoyed playing cards every night after the show for about an hour or so. I accidently layed a $25 chip down after playing for an hour, didn't even know I had one. I always, I say always play a max $5 chip. Anyway, I started to pick it up and the dealer would not let me change it. We spoke to the casino manager however he said there was nothing he could do. The other four players at the table were so upset, they left the table when I did. My husband and I went into the piano bar, which we enjoyed every evening with Cory. The casino manager brought me a bag with a shirt and hat in it (male) as an appology. Well, due to the $25 chip I lost a bet of $75 and it was basically the principle of the matter. I played cards the entire 7 days and they knew that I was consistant in my betting. Other than that, being that we were on our honey moon it would have taken more than the above to spoil our time spent.

Pros: clean ship

Cons: room and casino

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!

Went snorkeling a a very nice little local place. Didn't enjoy the pushy local sales people, trying to drag you into their shops.
Grand Turk Island
We enjoyed the site seeing with a local driver who was very informative.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Too commercial for shopping, some nice sites however spread so far apart. We did however find a local who directed us to a very nice place inexpensive for snorkeling.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Beautiful water, there was no food available when we got there. Not a waist of time for those who do not live in Florida where beaches are available. We walked around and enjoyed somewhat.
Grand Turk Island
We enjoyed the site seeing with a local driver who was very informative.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
George Town, Grand Cayman