Volendam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Dream That Became A Reality

Sail Date: November 13, 2006

Upon entering the Volendam, there was a sense of tranquility, a peacefulness that beconed me to just breathe and let go. We all have stressors in our lives and when planning a vacation, you want to be in an environment that will allow you to just relax and be. On this ship you can. The colors were cheerful, the staff were welcoming and smiling and the ambiance was breathtaking. I was afraid to blink because I knew it would be over before I knew it.

Pros: The ability to relax and let others pamper me

Cons: It was over way too quickly

Recommends Volendam? Yes!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas was very pretty with its hills, rooftops done in matching style and its prestine beaches. Like the other places we took a tour but this one stopped at Megan's beach for a two hour swim. It was refreshing and fun.
Don't Miss: I dont really have a "dont miss" for this port of call. There really is a lot to do there.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Aruba was o.k. but I have to say that it was a bit different than I had expected. Other than a torential rain that came that morning, Aruba is primarily very dry with very little green. It is mostly covered in cacti and is very dry. We took a tour that taught us about the history and that I would recommend but probably the water activities would be the best thing to do there. Inland, there just isnt much.
Don't Miss: Unfortunately I do not have a "dont miss" site for this port of call.
Curacao
WOW, Curacao was beautiful. The people were lovely and the shopping was fantastic. I would love to go and just stay a week. Like all of our ports of call, we did a tour. I love to find out about the history and veiw the scenery. It was wonderful.
Don't Miss: Although the water sports are probably great, the tour is what I would recommend. It is a shame to visit and not find out what that island and their people are all about.
Roseau, Dominica
O.K., Dominica was my favorite. I definately want to come back for a long visit in the future. I fell in love with this place. The mountains kissed the sky and the people were, well, like family. Our tour guide was a God fearing, loving and precious woman. She and I connected mentally and spiritually on many levels. Dominica is made up of rain forest which is thick with hundreds of different trees, bushes and wild life. I have never seen such a beautiful place. This is a definate port of call to visit.
Don't Miss: Scratch the water activities. You Dont want to miss seeing the inward part of this island especially the waterfalls.
Roseau, Dominica