Slightly dissappointed. I have used RC before, and for this being the newest and biggest ship on the sea, it seemed like it was far more difficult to enjoy the onboard activities. It also seemed like there were more things you were not able to do.

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Symphony of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 14, 2020

Ship: Symphony of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9706

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I was overall disappointed for the reasons listed above.

Embarkation

We were pre-registered so the process was fairly quick.

Ship experiences

There were such limited hours on this ship. I hate feeling like I have to "fit in" times just to eat or drink on my vacation. Venues such as the Windjammer should be 24hrs like I had experienced in the past.

The climbing walls were fun. However, the other activities seemed like you weren't allowed to get on them, or you weren't allowed to use them like the slide because we didn't have long sleeves? Seems a bit extreme given the temperature on a tropical vacation.

We went to several of the outdoor performances and they were spectacular. The indoor comedy shows and adult events were also very enjoyable.

No Kids

Our food service and room stewards always seemed to be going above and beyond. Their service in this area was exceptional.

The ship seemed clean. It did feel at times that you had to constantly go up or down to get to another part of the entertainment.

The size is decent, but expensive for its size. The cleaning staff was exceptional.

Ship tip

If you actually want to do the on-board activities, make sure that you read all the rules and plan your entire vacation around the limited windows to do them.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Seemed clean.

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

This port was littered with people who tried to mislead you for pre-booked excursions. For all the rules and limitations on the ship, this port was very careless towards the RC customers. The zip line tour that we did here was amazing.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

We went to the ruins here. They were not nearly as interesting as advertised. I would not do this one again.

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas

The port was fine, however once again you were not allowed to do much. With all the rules of things you couldn't do, I was surprised that you were even allowed to swim in the pools.

Disembarkation