Star Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Third Mate

Cruising to Alaska on a Star

Sail Date: July 23, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The scenery, the people and the entertainment were my favorite things. Everything was so coordinated! I would definitely recommend Princess to anyone going to Alaska

Since we were not in our cabin much, it was adequate. Our steward, Francisco Pereira was absolutely delightful! The shower was a little snug for my husband who is 6 feet 4 inches tall. But he made it work.
Without a doubt, this was the BEST embarkation and disembarkation I have ever experienced. Great Job!
I especially enjoyed the comedian, and the strings. We also thought that Fudge ( the black piano player and singer) was awesome.
Francisco Pereira was over the top! He always greeted us with a smile and a cheerful hello. I would ask for his section again!
I would like to recognize Danka, Hanziel Gilo and Catherine Doble for their outstanding performance. They were helpful with our selections, always cheerful and very professional.
Whittier (Anchorage), Alaska
We only went from the train to the ship. One of the highlights of the trip was the domed train that we went from Denali Park to Whittier. It was scenic, comfortable and the food was great
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
Cruise Glacier Bay
Skagway, Alaska
Our guide was the absolute BEST! He gave us the royal tour.
Juneau, Alaska
The day was cold and rainy. Not anyone's fault just the weather.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
It was a holiday weekend so the city was soooo crowded. The trip to Victoria Island was very long. Buchardt gardens was awesome. Again, a holiday weekend so we were unable to get off of the bus in Vitoria. Didn't get to see the hotel, China town or Parliament building. A little disappointed.

I would recommend anytime dinning. We always got seated whenever we arrived. We also enjoyed the food and service on formal evening. The buffet was great for breakfast.