Regent is almost perfect but...

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review to Alaska

14 Night Northern Frontiers (Vancouver Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 18, 2016
Ship: Seven Seas Mariner
Cabin Type: Suite

Loved the cruise and the beautiful ship. Service was exceptional! Best in the industry and people seem to really like their jobs and respect each other.  The food was great, top notch at The Signature. The excursions were amazing and our suite was beautiful. My only complaint - and this is a big one for me - was that the "free" wi-fi is for one device only per suite. The Regent is so proud of the "free" wi-fi that they plaster it all over the website. I'm sure somewhere on the documents it states that it's only for one device but I read through most of it and never saw it. When I complained they acted like I was the only person that ever sailed the Regent lines that complained about the one device at a time per suite but I heard people all over the ship complaining about their struggles. They sent me to the Wi-Fi Manager who sent me to Reception who sent me to the Concierge who sent me to the Wi-Fi Manager and back to the Concierge who told me he was going to speak with the General Manager but no one ever got back to me.  They should have responded to me at the very least. Oh yeah...and the in suite coffee maker, I'm not even going to get started...but I will end with...GAK!

Beautiful suite. They maintain the ship and the suites well. When we got to our suite, all I wanted was to sit on the balcony and have a cup of coffee. But there wasn't a coffee maker in the room, only an espresso maker. Actually it was an Illy espresso maker and need an instruction booklet to operate. Once we spilled the water over the counter twice we figured it out and proceeded to made the worst cup of espresso ever.

Sometimes it's better to book your excursions directly through the tour companies at the ports rather than the cruise line if you want to get something unique.