One of our best cruises

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

10 Night Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 13, 2015
Ship: Serenade of the Seas

My husband and I went on this 10-day cruise because the price was too good to pass.

It was only our 2nd cruise (of 21 total) with Royal Caribbean having been disappointed with the first one.

But this one was really quite better: the staff was very well trained and the food first class especially in the dining room.

I am not sure that the added cost we paid for "a better cabin" higher up was worth it since closer to the pools and one was filled up during an entire night after repairs: one sleepless night hearing water running in the walls. Had it not been for that one incident, I would certainly rate this cruise a 10/10. The entertainment was superb except for that one free evening, boring without a show in the theatre. We also complained about the football game being shown on the large pool screen but WITHOUT sound. What impressed us most was the willingness of the entire crew to go out of their way to serve us.  The ship is not new and maybe a bit outdated but of the perfect size to not have to walk miles to every destination and with fast elevators for a change. Also very clean. All in all, we will not hesitate to go back on the same ship, especially if a different itinerary is offered, for a bit of variety.

Very good layout even though a bit small which I guess can never be avoided.

We really enjoyed the singing of the assistant cruise director, Tanya I think.
And the parade of the flags, all the added details that showed caring for the passengers and without extra charges.