Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Overall Review for first-time cruisers

Sail Date: April 11, 2015

The entire staff on the cruise ship were so nice and accommodating.  They responded to every request.  The food was great, as they would try to cater to all tastes and dietary restrictions.  Our only problem was not to over-indulge.  All the live shows were very entertaining, and live music everywhere.  The director of Activities, Carly, was excellent, as well as her counterpart, Renato. There were activities for everyone, and everyone seemed to enjoy all of them.

The problem we had was the bad internet service.  We paid $200 and we could never get connected to gmail.  It would take all morning to get into anything, if at all.  Very slow system.  We got some refund, but we think we should have gotten a full refund.

I must report that my friend and I got a respiratory infection while on the cruise.  After the 1st week, we had sore, dry throat, then became a bad cough.  We still are coughing with post-nasal drip.  I noticed that the vents in my room were filthy.  There was one in the closet that was completely covered with dust.  They have taken precautionary steps to make sure every person uses Purell before entering the dining room for gastro-intestinal infections, but they also need to work on making sure all vents are well cleaned to prevent respiratory infections.

One other item of note, I think they should not have selected a war movie to show in the Tropical Theater.  Everyday, we had such lively, fun, entertaining live shows, then the one day that they didn't have a live show, they showed an ugly WWII movie.  We walked out in the mid-point of that movie.  It was too depressing.

Overall, the cruise was very relaxing and fun.  Every moment was covered with activities for everyone, and great music to listen to.  The cruise members made it very enjoyable for everyone.

Always well cleaned, except the air-conditioning/heater vents were filthy. I got a respiratory infection (rm 8106)., as did my friend.
Most entrees were a bit greasy. Desserts were just ok, used too much gelatin. Cookies were too soft, tasteless.
Carly, Director or Activities, Renato, Activity planner, Norma, housekeeping, Francis, 5th floor waiter
All live entertainment- great. War movie should have not been shown, especially in the Tropical Theater.
Children's Programs N/A
Wish there was more arts and crafts. Also there was no Zumba classes.
Everyday the cabin was well cleaned by Norma. She was very accommodating.
I didn't like the toilet seats--felt like I was going to tip into the toilet.
The air-conditioning/heater vents were filthy. They need to be cleaned more often. I got a respiratory infection as well as my friend staying in 8102. Please check these vents routinely.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Jazz festival, cooking classes
George Town, Grand Cayman
sting ray experience
Oranjestad, Aruba
Kralendijk, Bonaire
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
walking the town; seeing the French side
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
shopping, but the store-keepers were too pushy
Boston, Massachusetts
plan a city tour

Go see all the Live entertainment. Terrific shows.