Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not what we expected

Sail Date: March 07, 2015

Before we left, I printed directions from the Royal Caribbean web page. The directions put us on the wrong side of the parking area. We saw a traffic barricade that sent us to the correct spot. There was a problem with the parking lot capacity, so they sent us to another lot. They did provide a shuttle but all the waiting took about 2 hours to get parked and to the terminal. After entering the terminal, I asked about a wheelchair for my wife. The attendant told us to ask at another place. We went there, the attendant told us to ask at another place. We went there and the attendant told us we should have asked at the entrance. I told her we did and then she contacted someone and we got a wheel chair. We got to our room and it was hot, so I adjusted the thermostat down. Room didn't cool much, so I called to see if they could adjust it. 2 more calls finally got the temp down enough to  tolerate it (day 3) Had lunch at the main dining room. Food was not very good. A supervisor asked me if I didn't like the food. I said it wasn't very good and he walked away. Hallway by glass elevators on deck 10 smelled like sewer. Time at Key West was too short. Time at Nassau was not planned very well. Cococay was too crowded. The Windjammer had a few days with decent food. The cruise sailed from New Orleans, La, but most of the tv channels were in Spanish.

poor quality
most of the crew acted like passengers were just in the way
Write a comment.
Children's Programs Write a comment.
Write a comment.
stateroom attendant did an excellent job
New Orleans, Louisiana
Key West, Florida
Add a tip. What was your favorite thing to do here?
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
too crowded

For example: get the Thermal Suite package on the first day! it averages out to about $14/day per person which is absolutely worth it. Also, we really enjoyed the Evening Stretch class provided in the gym which was free & as challenging or as relaxing as you choose to participate.