Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Serenade of the Seas...

Sail Date: November 29, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I loved Key West, but I am tired of Nassau, Bahamas. Ship didn't make it in to CoCo Key and this seems to be a constant problem for Royal Caribbean. Other cruises refund part of the trip costs when they get you into the port, but apparently not RC. I really enjoy cruising, and RC tends to provide the best service, however, I think I will try something different and a cruise that actually makes it to the places I pay to visit.

Better then other cruises, but still not as good as Oasis of the Seas.
The kids would rather go to kids camp then to stay with us or visit the ports!
Picture options were very limited to compared to other ships of same size
Key West is always great, Nassau = Atlantis or shop in town - now boring and we didn't make it to CoCo Key :-(
Room was smaller then on other ships - no full size couch, very crowded if more then 2 people. They wouldn't let my grand daughter sleep on the bunk that drops from the ceiling, so she was "squished" into the small couch and very uncomfortable.
New Orleans, Louisiana
The tour of NOLA was very interesting. Highly recommend it.
Key West, Florida
Shopping is very expensive and one shop ripped me off, I should have walked out of the store, but didn't want to cause a scene.
The shop people were not as friendly as the last visits and Atlantis is the only other option.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
The ship, as well as another one, couldn't bring people to shore due to waves. This seems to be an ongoing problem for RC and they don't refund any of the price for their problem. Avoid any of their cruises that try to go here because you problem will end up with just another day at sea.