Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Awesome cruise for the money!

Sail Date: August 28, 2011

Overall this was an excellent cruise. I would strongly recommend paying the money for a balcony, it's well worth it. The ship was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The food in the Windjamer Cafe was always quite good with a very large selection, if you didn't want to eat in the main dining room. It's also nice to take advantage of room service.

Pros: My Balcony stateroom

Cons: the shows/ entertainment in the theater

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
St Croix was very pretty with some great shopping right at the dock. It was fairly hot on this day so we didn't do much, but the people were very friendly.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Barbados was one of my least favorite islands. I would recommend doing an excursion, as the shopping wasn't very exciting. The cruise docks in an industrial area and would require a taxi ride into town for any kind of shopping.
Castries, St. Lucia
St Lucia was my favorite island, It was so incredibly beautiful, with excellent shopping. I would love to have a vacation home here is I could afford it. There is shopping right at the dock and the most beautiful view.
Don't Miss: drive around the island!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St Maarten was a close second to St Lucia. We allowed someone at the dock to talk us into doing a 60 min tour of a time share resort. I return we would be able to use the beach for free ( the beach chairs on this island cost $20 a day to use), they gave us $30 in food vouchers and the beach was was not very crowded. They also paid the taxi there and back. The trip was free and we had a great day on the beach.
St. John's, Antigua
ALso one of my least favorite stops. The shopping is not very good, there is an open air market which I did not realize I was walking into. The locals are very grabby and desperate. I had homeless people asking me for money and people trying to sell illicit substances.