Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Great cruise!

Sail Date: May 07, 2011

First of all it is a beautiful ship with beautiful and plenty of places to walk around the ship..from your stateroom to the solarium that is like an indoor quiet and relaxing. There were so many places to walk around. The food in the Dining Room was B+ class as well as the service but to be honest the food at the Windjammer was even better. I'd give an A+ on that. The one thing I didn't like was the table sitting at the dining room so I preferred to eat for an additional fee to eat at one fo their restaurants called Portofino and Chopps Grill...The experience in these 2 rest were superb!...Loved it! Quality was absolutely great. The ship had different areas to sit and have a drink. For me was the Schooner bar or the safari club with different activities throughout the day. I also found that the ship was more oriented towards older population, mostly >65y/o activities. The tours on the islands and the port of call with duty free shopping turns out to be the same in every island. I'm from the caribbean so I dont recommend people from the caribbean to take this ship cause you'll be bored. Overall, would I do it again?...definitely yes! but I'll choose Alaska or Mexico area next time.

Pros: The service and the food and of course...the solarium!

Cons: >60 y/o oriented cruise, pushy people at port of call

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

Basseterre, St. Kitts
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
As I said above..more people were talking about St. Marteen but I found more accesible St. Thomas...
Don't Miss: The shopping
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Everybody was taking about St. Marteen..but to be honest...I wasn't impress at all. First..too many pushy people trying to sell you the same as in the other islands. You'll find the same stuff even more expensive. We had lunch in one of the restaurants and for 3 clubs sandwich(they were ham,cheese and egg..not club) were more than $70 w/o tips...We bought an excursion online adn ended up paying $84 for each person for the butterflies tour and the lady in the store admitted that the entrance for the butterflies farm was $ they charged you >$70 for a 10 min ride to the french side..unbelievable...I'd recommend to buy EVERY EXCURSION DIRECTLY IN THE SHIP!!!DO NOT BUY IT ONLINE!
Castries, St. Lucia
Nice weather, great beaches.
St. John's, Antigua
The best beach overall was in Antigua definitely..If you have a chance get the beach extravaganza'll love the clear water beach and the lunch!!!!Rum punch included!...except not enough umbrellas so take tons of sunblock
Bridgetown, Barbados