Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Princess does a good job

Sail Date: May 03, 2016

The Ruby is a huge ship, but well laid out with plenty of elevators.  The buffets are large enough that there were never any lines.  I liked the idea that between the dining rooms, the buffet and the "alternative" spots like the pizzeria, International cafe, and the grill, you never had to miss, or wait for a meal.

"Share" the extra cost dining room is gorgeous.  Didn't have time to dine there, but the menu looked interesting.

There are so many pools,  I have never been on a ship with so many pools.  The gym is huge, but on this cruise it always seemed busy when I went there.

Princess has the most comfortable beds in this cruise segment, and much better than than NCL, and Carnival.

I was surprised at the quality of the food.  Princess does focus on desserts and sweets, so if you like them, they are available all day long somewhere.  The pizza is first class.  I don't drink coffee, and it was nice that in room service they dedicate vacuum pots for just hot water, so you don't end up with coffee scented tea.  There were specialty items like blue cheese, smoked salmon, etc available.  Not every day, but they did appear a couple of times.

Finally, the Internet, on this ship, on this trip was the fastest I have EVER experienced on a ship.  It was as fast as my connection at home.  It might slow down when everyone is online, but when I was there, in the Internet office, it was plenty fast.

This stateroom is at the back of the ship. You have to expect some soot from the engines... I used a pool towel to swab down the balcony in the morning.

Check out the International Cafe on deck 5 for special treats; sandwiches, desserts and sweets, and fancy salads. The gelato for $1.50 is a steal!