Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Excellent in some ways and mediocre in others

Sail Date: April 29, 2015

First off, beautiful ship, nice cabins (we had the balcony), small but how much more do you need?

The staff, from room stewards, to serving staff were excellent, well trained, happy and very friendly (with the exception of 1 or 2 at the front desk, but isn't that always the way?). F&B did a good job with training.

The Piano player Ray Coussins, made the cruise for my wife and I, incredible performances, I was amazed. The 2 comedians on board were great. The Broadway 'show stoppers' weren't very good, but the stage props were really well done.

The food, ah the food, we tried assigned dining, but were soon driven away by the incredible hard selling of wine tastings, all you can drink cards, and 'special wine offers' I mean when you say 'no' to a bottle of wine 3 times, it's time to give up.....

However, The ship offers many other restaurants, fast food, buffets etc so that it isn't a problem. It's odd that the appetizers were very good, the deserts incredible...but the main course were quite uninspiring, tasteless really. I know, I know you have to be very careful with spices because of the variety of guests.

The buffets were astonishing! My God such variety and from looking at guest plates huge quantities (I thought one morning there was a bacon/sausage contest). I think you would do better to have a lower cabin rate and offer an all you can eat card, like you offer for drinks lol.

What is strange, is that the pastries offered next the coffee bar were wonderful presentations, but some tasted stale, others had a odd non flakiness, some seems like they used lard instead of butter, not one was worth eating again (my waistline thanks you for that).

Still my wife and I had a good time and will come again (spent a small fortune in the spa), we just know what better to do next time.

Aloha,

Michael and Diana

Small but very clean and bright

1 Comment