Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Honeymoon Cruise

Sail Date: March 23, 2016

My husband and I took this cruise for our honeymoon. I've cruised with Princess before whereas this was his first cruise. Everything was amazing, just like always. We did encounter some rough seas, but the captain handled it as well as he could have including updating us on weather conditions along the way. Our only 2 complaints were that it took forever to get drinks during dinner in the dining room and at breakfast or lunch in the horizon court. We would order drinks as soon as we sat down and not receive them until we were near finished eating in the horizon court or through our first course at dinner. We ordered coffee every night for dessert and quite often ordered, received, and nearly finished our dessert before the coffee arrived. I have never experienced this before on a Princess cruise  the second complaint is that almost every dinner entree option had an asian-type soy sauce sort of marinade. It was the same sauce with almost every entree from the prime rib, to the duck, and even on the veal parmesan my husband ordered. It often was unfitting to the entree (as with the veal parmesan) and not everyone enjoys this type of flavor. I was not a fan. Princess has always been known for their exquisite food and I would hate to see them lose this reputation.

All in all I would definitely continue to recommend Princess cruises to all my friends.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. George's, Grenada
Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality
This island is best for snorkling and diving. If you are just interested in a beach day this is not the island for it. The beaches and ocean floor are rocky not sandy. DO NOT pay for the water taxi to Coco beach, you can get there by ground taxi for cheaper.
Oranjestad, Aruba

The elevators take forever as there are only stairs in the front and back of the ship. The midship elevators were a mess the whole trip so try to use the other elevators as much as possible, and use the stairs if you can. It will save you a lot of waiting time.