Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

My Royal Princess Cruise

Sail Date: October 21, 2015

This cruise was my least favorite of the 10 I have taken, including the4 with Princess.  Some of my favorite things as well as least favorite.

Boarding and Departing were excellent both were fast and efficient.

Did not have the warm friendly feeling from crew that I had on other trips.  The waiter and assistant were excellent but were responsible for so many tables we never had a chance to  get that comfortable feeling.  I wouldn't know our Cabin Attendant if I met him on the street.  Although I appreciate why tipping has become a part of billing I feel is has resulted in a little less interest in pleasing the passenger.

Was very difficult keeping track of where to food was during breakfast and lunch. It seemed as if everything except deserts were in a different location every time we ate.  Also the butter was never next to the rolls.

The quality of food was EXCELLENT AT ALL MEALS.

We didn't care the the Royal Princess as much as the smaller ships.  It did not seem as organized or spacious.  For ship that size it seemed short of shops and open spaces.  More bars than necessary.

The walking area was not as nice as the on deck walking space on other ships.

ENTERTAINMENT WAS EXCELLENT.  Theater was to small.

This was our third cruise in the past year and since we have now moved to Florida I assume there will be many more.  Royal Princess will not be among

the ships we will chose but we will continue to use other Princess ships.

OVERALL  WE FOUND WE SPENT A GREAT DEAL OF TIME IN OUR CABIN BECAUSE WE JUST LIKE THE FEEL OF THE SHIP IN GENERAL.  One last note THE CAPTAIN WAS EXTREMELY NICE.

I thought the cabin and balcony was smaller than in the past. Storage are was good but otherwise felt cramped. Balcony hardly large enough for two individuals to be comfortable. WOULD TAKE MINI SUITE NEXT TRIP.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Dominica
St. George's, Grenada
Get a taxi rather than bus tour. Much faster more personalized and takes half the time. Also cheaper.
Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality
Oranjestad, Aruba
Also taxi tour is great. It cost the 4 of of $100.00 and we covered even more areas than the bus tour and did it in about half the time.

If possible use the steps rather than elevators. Just as fast and good exercise. We only used the elevator when we boarded the ship and departed at the end of the cruise. We're 80 and 85 and unless your physically unable it's the way to go. Felt healthier at the end of the trip and lost 1 lb.