If this has been my first cruise I would never cruise again.

Royal Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night British Isles (Southampton Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 01, 2015
Ship: Royal Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: M108

Day one: we were bussed to a shopping center because there was an out break of " The cruise Ship Sickness". From there it went down hill.  We waited in line for hours to get on a bus to go back to the ship, then we waited in line for hours more to get on board.

Once onboard they were trying to run the ship with a very limited crew.  Our anytime dinning turned in to having to make reservations for every meal, or go to the Buffett.   WE were forced to eat when they had room. The wait staff was surly,  to the point of rude.  This keep up until three days be for cruise was over.  We were told they were running the ship with the same amount of help they use to run one half the size.

On my first excursion, while going down a very steep ramp, one of the staff let a couple of drinking cans fall off a cart, and I was hit by them.  I went to the Dr. on board, He said I probably had a bruised rotor cup, I was given some pain meds. then interview by two other people. I got a card stating" sorry you were SICK".  I wasn't sick, I was hurt.  I cancelled all but two of my up coming excursions, I was not going to miss spending time in Scotland.

The only good thing I can say about our cruise is we had a very good cabin man, his name was Chris.  He always called us by name.

This was my 21st cruise, and I am really glad it was not my first.  I would never go again is it had been.

I know if you cruise, you have the chance of getting sick, but this crew seem to take out their problems on those of us who stayed well.  Maybe the cruise lines should look at not building BIGER SHIPS to cram more people on board.  I think this was half the problem.

loved having more room.

Go on the smaller ships.

up until I got hit by the water cans, I loved it.
was not able to go