Perfect Cruise

Riviera Cruise Review to Caribbean

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Colorful Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 13, 2016
Ship: Riviera

At dinner in one of the four specialty restaurants on our Oceania ship MS Riviera, the question was asked, "Why do you say Oceania is the perfect cruise line?"  I appreciated being met at the airport, driven to a hotel for an overnight, then my luggage was picked up and I was driven to the ship where boarding was spread over a period of time so that I never had to stand in a line.  Every person associated with the cruise was pleasantly helpful; the staff called me Madam and pampered me endlessly.  The cuisine was superb, the service was impeccable, and the seven dining rooms were beautiful.  Tea time with music, cocktail hour, and show-time were daily treats.  All meals, tips and beverages were included (except alcohol).  In every Port, we were tendered to shore or driven to the old-town area.  All local tours were well scheduled and final disembarkation was smoothly orderly.  Oceania's was the best organized cruise I've enjoyed.  Every detail was perfect.

Superb cuisine was served elegantly in beautiful dining venues.

I particularly enjoyed live performances: string quartet at Tea time, piano bar, jazz and dance bands, evening show time.

All the musicians and performers were first-rate professionals; a pleasure to hear and see.

Few children were on this cruise, as an adult, country-club casual dress and atmosphere prevailed.

Every crew and staff member was great. My stateroom steward was perfect.

Spotless and beautiful ship, accommodations, and public areas.

Beautiful stateroom with a veranda, and both a shower and a bathtub. Super steward service and room service. Great bed, robe and slippers, Bulgari amenities and luxurious towels; unlimited water and non-alcoholic beverages provided.

On the MS Riviera eet interesting and friendly fellow cruisers. Expect the loveliest pampering of your life, 24/7 room service, lounging on a beautiful pool deck, boutique shops, spa and gym, library, computer room, culinary and other classes, never having to pack a suitcase until disembarkation.

Delicious dinner and breakfast on the outdoor terrace of Catch restaurant at the beautiful Biscayne Bay Marriott.
Hop on-off trolley and bus tours of the entire island and back on the ship for a late lunch. Key West is historic, unusual for it's age, and easy to enjoy.
Very warm weather, lots of island poverty; but great views and history. Encouraging effort to improve economy through tourism.

Belize City, Belize Did not visit port

Missed our independent tour (too early). Allow time for docking, tender ride to shore and getting to meeting site. Next time, I'll book an Oceania tour and not lose tour/money.
Went to the beach for sun and lunch. It's beautiful, clean and lunch was delicious. A favorite.