Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

11 Day Greece, Turkey, Venice

Sail Date: August 15, 2016

We enjoyed this cruise, although our cabin 3108, was located underneath the lounge and every night between 3:15-3:45 AM we would hear banging which would awaken us. The people who cleaned would be moving chairs and other furniture and it was so loud it sounded like they were throwing the chairs across the lounge.  I complained at the Help Desk twice and was told they would do something. The night before we disembarked, there was a letter on my bed offering me 25% off on my next Royal Caribbean cruise within a year. Since I don't take a cruise every year, this offer is useless and shows how little Royal Caribbean cares that my daughter and I were awakened every night by the racket going on above us. I inadvertently omitted how wonderful our steward, Ricky, was and what a terrific assistant server, Tetiana, was.  She has a great personality, was very efficient, and we had so much fun talking to her.

Our cabin had a nice, big window but the location was not good(below the lounge) because every night the people who cleaned would move furniture across the lounge and would awaken us between 3:15-3:45 AM.
Everything went very quickly and smoothly embarking and disembarking.
The staff was constantly cleaning. The ship was kept very clean.
All the excursions we chose were wonderful.
Always found things to do that were interesting. Loved Zumba and taking ballroom lessons on days at sea.
Children's Programs Not applicable
Most nights the shows were not up to par in comparison to those of other lines.
Service and staff were wonderful-- very helpful and polite.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
Olympia site and folk dances with Greek Mezes was a wonderful excursion. Imagine walking on the site where the original Olympics took place 2,000 years ago. Wonderful guide.
Souda (Chania), Crete
Take excursion to Costa Costa Beach and Chania-- so beautiful and relaxing.
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos was very congested and there were vehicles everywhere with drivers who didn't pay attention to pedestrians, driving up and down the narrow cobblestone streets. It was amazing that no one was run over.
Santorini, Greece
Plan to spend the day wandering the streets, enjoying lunch on a restaurant patio overlooking the beautiful scenery, and shopping. Loved Santorini!
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Book Ruins and Carpet Weaving Excursion with Mufasa. He is so knowledgeable and such a nice person, and we had a wonderful time learning about Ephesus.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Explore Athens and Ancient Acropolis was such a wonderful excursion. It was amazing to see the Parthenon.
Venice, Italy
On the day that you arrive in Venice, you can take the People Mover to get where you want to go instead of booking transportation through Royal Caribbean. The People Mover is located near where the ship docks.