Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

I am a loyal RCCL customer, but disappointed with the service on this cruise.

Sail Date: November 08, 2015

My wife and I invited another couple to join us on this cruise. We are Diamond Level members and our friends are 1st time RCCL passengers. We had requested a dining room table for (4). Our Sea Pass cards all had the same table number,(214), but when we arrived at the Dining Room for dinner, we found that we were not sitting at the same table. Another couple were also given table 214 by mistake and when asked to move to a different table, they refused. My wife and I could not sit at the same table as our friends, even though it was a mistake made by RCCL. We were told there was nothing that could be done and either my wife and I or our friends would need to be seated at a table with 6 other people. I found this unacceptable and my wife and I did not eat in the Dining Room at all.

On the first night of the cruise I found that the mattress on my bed was completely useless. When I sat on the middle of it I sank completely down to the wire mattress support. I have a couple discs in my back that cause quite a bit of pain if not supported properly. I showed the room attendant, he agreed that it was in terrible condition. I asked if a newer mattress could be put in place or if an "egg crate" topper could be used, because I not only need support, but I need a cushion as well. Instead, the large sag in the middle of the bed was filled with multiple layers of firm mattress pads and fillers which leveled it out, but made it very hard and no topper was available. I had eleven days and nights of on and off leg and back pain. I was not happy.

We have always enjoyed cruising with RCCL along with Celebrity. We have never had any issues to speak of and have always recommended RCCL to all our friends and family. We were very disappointed that this had to happen when we had our friends with us. My wife and I have (4) more future cruises booked with RCCL, the next one being in January. I hope there is not a repeat of these type of issues.

William & Sharon Alex