Trip of a Lifetime!!

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Radiance of the Seas
7 Night Alaska Hubbard Glacier Northbound (Vancouver To Seward)
Sail Date: August 25, 2017
Ship: Radiance of the Seas
Mackie and I had a wonderful cruise. It was his first and my second. He had been to Alaska before but I had not so we both experienced firsts. The cruise was great and we were able to completely relax and let everyone pamper us. The scenery was breath taking.
As we boarded the ship, everything was taken care of and everyone was very friendly

The ship's main dining rooms were excellent. Mostly ate in the buffets except at night and we dressed for our dinners.

Mackie and I attended the shows in the afternoon as well as attended the Mystery Dinner Show. We did mostly excursions, but did spend time watching the beautiful scenes and landscapes.

Several of the same actors were in the stage shows as in the Mystery Dinner. They were all extremely talented in voice as well as acting.

Our steward, Armundo Fernandes, took excellent care of us. Kept the room clean and ready for us to return to our room to nap or go to bed at night. The waiters, and all the staff we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. On the last day, several were sea sick and the staff took extra care of them.

They layout of the ship was great, every thing was easy to find, and well marked. It was well maintained and very clean. The crew practiced cleanness to make sure non of the passengers became ill.

The beds were wonderful and the room were large enough for two to have extra space. Our steward kept the room clean and ready for our return.

The advice I would give is, don't have any hesitation in booking a cruise on the "Radiance of the Seas". You will not be disappointed.

Beautiful city and we had to cancel our excursion due to illness. The customer service took care of this cancellation for us. We did go into the city and it was beautiful.
Liked this port, due to the fact it was a native people. We did take the excursion "Spasski River Valley Wildlife & Bear Search". We did not see bear but the guide was wonderful. She explained everything about the Valley and the town. This was great.
Whale Quest and Orca Point was the excursion we took. We did see whale and the captain of the book made sure we were in the right spot to see them. The dinner was excellant. I have to say this was the best Salmon I have every eaten and Mackie agreed with me.
Spent a lot of time here in Skagway. Beautiful town and everyone were very friendly. We did ride the bus in and back to the ship. Mackie and I did most of our shopping here in Skagway.
We didn't spend any time in Seward, took the train directly from the ship to Anchorage. The train ride was all we anticipated. Mackie and I saw so many beautiful sights and visited with another couple from Texas. Anchorage is a beautiful city with all the flowers. We were treated very well at the convention center where our luggage was kept until we were ready to board the plane.
Everything went like clockwork. Our luggage was picked up by morning and all we had to do was disembark, catch the train just a short distance away.