Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Radiance Cruise

Sail Date: March 28, 2011

There was one mix-up. I'm not certain if it happened through or through Royal Carribbean. My wife and I were travelling with another couple in the stateroom next to us. I booked the cruise for both of us and made it clear to the booking agent that we were travelling together. We were not seated at the same table for dinner and our departure groups and time were different. We of course had this corrected in both cases and the staff was very accomodating, but this should not have happened when I stated we were traveling together.

This was the first cruise for my wife and I. It was a wonderful first cruise experience. We really were not sure what to expect. The service and friendly atmosphere that the staff at Royal Carribbean gave to my wife and I was outstanding. When we look for a cruise in the future we will look to Royal Carribbean first before looking at other cruise lines.

Pros: The excellent service and friendly mood. Sometimes you don't have both on vacation.

Cons: People smoking on balcony next to you. We don't smoke. The coffee was not the best.

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? Yes!

The pirate skit that the liitle kids did at the beginning of one of the shows was very cute. Although we were not travelling with our kids (18 & 21) my wife and I enjoyed watching how much fun the other kids were having on the ship. Great job.
I cannot imagine any of this being any better.
Outstanding. I miss our waiter already.
Perfect again!
The entertainmet staff was superior!
It felt like this was their one and only cruise this year and they were enjoying it as much as we were. I didn't inquire how long they had been on the ship but it is amazing to us how friendly almost everyone was on the ship.
With the exception of the adult comedian show (which did not require the f-word in every other sentence) the other shows were great. The comedian show was much funnier earlier in the week when it was for all ages. People laughed more and did not walk out. It took away a little bit of the perfect experience that we had.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
First time zip lining. Very warm day. Rough road to the site. Poverty everywhere. Not an up-lifting experience. The ziplining experience was great. Very careful and friendly staff. We may recommend this trip with some slight reservations.
Don't Miss: Bio Maya (Ziplining)
We toured the Amazing Secret River which is a cave tour that involves wading and swimming through portions of the cave which are 12 feet deep. All other cave tours will pale in comparison to this tour. We will never forget this experience. The ferry boat ride was horrible. A couple dozen people vomitted around us. We think the shot of anice liquor after our cave tour kept us from getting sick.
Don't Miss: The Amazing Secret River