Fabulous Ship

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska Hubbard Glacier Northbound (Vancouver To Seward)
Sail Date: July 08, 2006
Ship: Radiance of the Seas
Very clean, well laid out; love the individual food stations in the Windjammer Cafe vs. the usual LONG line on other ships (Jewel of the Seas has the same set up); indoor pool; self-leveling pool tables are AWESOME!

Again, the individual stations in the Windjammer Cafe are SO much better than the buffet line.

This probably would have rated "the best" if my nephew had brought along a friend to go to the Children's Club with.

First time I've cruised in an inside stateroom and it was much better than I thought it would be.
Went on the bush exploration and brown bear search which was really interesting (no bear, however; saw them on the way back to town at the airstrip!). Excursion was still worth it and I would do it again. Saw MANY killer whales right from the beach where the tenders left us off!
Mendellhall Glacier and salmon bake is a great excursion; also the Mt. Roberts Tramway is a great way to see Juneau from above.
Loved the Eagle Preserve Float Trip and Cruise - Haines is a beautiful little town and the eagel preserve at Chilkat River is great!
Lovely town - have been to this port before. I would definitely go on the Native Culture, Sitka National Park and Raptor Center tour again. Native dances were great and the raptor center was, as was the case my last visit, wonderful.

Pros: Too many things to list here: some were the food, layout of the Windjammer Cafe (ind. stations vs. one LONG buffet line typical of other ships)

Cons: They closed the outdoor pool the LAST afternoon of the cruise to clean it - why not clean it at a time when it would not be used so much (early morning, later evening)