Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Norway Experience

Sail Date: August 05, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Cabin: 9008

Our family has taken many cruises, I suppose it's become a fun, affordable way to share experiences together.  Families enjoy many ways to get together, but traveling aboard ship together somehow brings us together in ways only our ancestors knew in the same way.

In our experiences we have never before seen, or been aboard any ship like the Queen Mary2.  Whatever your expectations, if you haven't been in a Queen's Grill Suite, with the butler, and your own lounge, and 5 star restaurant dedicated just to your class of stateroom, then your not traveling in the manner you could or should.

These folks have been there before, and they want to help you.  It makes traveling like a fun and exciting fantasy world that you clearly understand you can come back to, anytime your able.  In actual fact, our Father is doing exactly that right now, booking I thing a round the World cruise right now.  And my wife and I were quite serious that when we consider our next cruise, we'll simply look at where the QM2 is, and then off we go!

The spa is amazing, one needs to sign up right away for the entire trip for access to the saunas, and pools.  You'll meet great people, and have just one more paradise like Eden to sneak off to while on board, and on our case it was something like $10.00 a day.  I really liked the wet sauna, then the rain shower, before entering the spa's pool, with all it's waterfalls, and jets, and room for 30 people, it's great.  In this place we met the Pastor who married my 83 year old Father to his 79 year old childhood sweetheart.  The concierge on the 9th deck, Marco, arranged everything.  We had flowers, wine, a private conference room with bar access, right down the hall.....even the photographer wore a formal Kilt!

The food on the ship was above expectations.  The service in the Queen's Grill was top notch, period. My family has owned and operated more than 20 restaurants for more than 5 generations.  We know a lot about great service.  My best friend, his brother, and their uncle were all graduates of the CIA, (the Culinary Institute of America), your dining room staff was of this quality, perhaps the best in the world.  They know this, and are proud to demonstrate their skills, for free, and it's something to enjoy daily, in fact, several times a day!

Our Butler and his assistant, were like friendly ghosts.  If we wanted to chat, ask questions, somehow they where there, happy, smiling, and anxious to get your needs nailed down.  By the end of the trip I was seriously daydreaming about hiring on of these guys to work for me full-time.

The ship's facilities were World Class, casino, pools, outdoor things to do, golfing, a movie theater with a really cool planetarium that is so popular that you have to get tickets, but don't worry, your butler can get you some.....

Save up. and pay up, one never regrets buying the best.

best I've seen
2 solid weeks of eating in a 5 star restaurant 3 meals a day....need i say more?
my walk-in closet was bigger than bathrooms in other ship's cabins.....true fact
part of the family by the end of the cruise, for example, the wait staff would fight to drive my father's scooter everynight, removing entirely thier embarassment
i liked everything I went to, some things were poorly attended for a completely full ship for some reason
Children's Programs did not use
the things we did were good
many times we hired private arrangements, and they accomadated things well
Southampton (London), England
we fly into London a couple of days early to enjoy the city before these things
Bergen, Norway
we liked the incline rail
Andalsnes, Norway
I liked this, but my brother didn't like it
Trondheim, Norway
the troll wall is something to see, unless your dead, get off the boat and see this
Tromso, Norway
farthest North I think, quite nice
Alesund, Norway
pretty port, and good beer
Stavanger, Norway
was told I would recall this place later, liked this place the best
Hamburg, Germany
went back to the same place for some snitzel and beers

2 of our members were in wheelchairs, and help on board was limited, and not available at all off ship, so remember this if you make plans off shore of any kind, but the crew still tried to help us