Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

The Great , The Not so Great, The Bad

Sail Date: March 01, 2015

Starting with the embarkation - getting on board was simple and very quick.  No sitting in the lounge at all - a great start.  270 is a great place for a quick breakfast and a quick lunch.  Roast beef sandwiches as good if not better than Allure.  Balcony cabin ready before 1 and appeared larger than other ships.  Eliminating the coffee table a good choice.  The electronics worked fairly well.  More on that later.  The shows - Mama Mia - was fantastic.  In fact all entertainment was top notch.  Kudos to the cruise director.  The ship seemed more crowded than Allure.  Dynamic dining - worked well for the 4 of us.  I made reservations many months early and that helped.  American Icon - rates a 0 - food bland - service awful.  Orders were wrong and the staff was very indifferent.  Same with Chic.  Grande - is great - Rose our wait person - special shout out as she is great.  Silk - our favorite regular restaurant.  In fact the head waiter was special - he made us fried chicken on day 11 as I mentioned that it was not available (on day 3) in American Icon even though it showed as a feature even on the app. He remembered and this is the service I knew RCCL provides. Windjammer - I think does not have enough attendants - many times I had to bus my own table - and when they did clean the tables they continued to use the same dirty rag on all tables - hygiene is lacking on Quantum - really surprising for RCCL.   Jamies Italian a specialty restaurant (ie additional price) very good although they did not have their signature dish - Pork Belly the entire cruise (we went twice) the head waiter did what he could to make our dinners special.  Chef's Table - not as special as on Allure - the chef did not come out with each course - we did not have name places and did not get an autograph cook book - the venue is also not as special as on Allure.  Vintages - wine tasting fun and the wine they provided was excellent.  Wonderland was also fantastic although out of a certain item - the ,most popular - crab - I feel that if I am paying extra they should have all items - in fact our party mates made a comment - "why do I have to pay extra for good food".  Ports were fine and I recommend the 4x4 in St Kitts and Barbados especially. Tip -  buy wine by the bottle at Windjammer - its 50% off - then carry to the dining you reserve - you can save some money!   Now a few drawbacks.  Customer Service is severely lacking on Quantum.  Our cabin was left open by staff for several hours and the staff seemed quite uncaring - our cabin attendant Ronaldo was great but the management was indifferent to the situation totally.  Also trying to get credit for mini bar service that was charged to us (9516- when it was supposed to be 9546) took 8 days to correct.  It also happened to our friends that travelled with us - they continued to say its a computer problem - not my problem RCCL needs to get with it.  Another instance was when the wrist band stopped working for our friends - and one had to get a new wrist band - then the other wrist band and the cards stopped working - when customer service got involved the woman insisted that we didn't know how to use the wrist band - really?  - it was deactivated - I thought the customer was always right - not so much on Quantum.  Debarking also quick and efficient  Overall - the trip was fantastic - and I recommend RCCL - but Quantum customer service needs training on service. .

Brand new
Special restaurants - great - Grande and Silk great - Anerican Icon & Chic - terrible
Ronaldo - cabin attendant great , Rose and teh head waiter at Silk
Top Notch
Bed by balcony - make sure you get this - some are switched - no problem with waves - go high in floors - then you don't feel or hear the wave crashes as much
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Bayonne does not have any services at port yet
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Came in late - so not much to do
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Aleays love St Maarten
Fort-De-France, Martinique
Must do an excursion - not much at port
Bridgetown, Barbados
Do the 4x4 - saw monkee's
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Do teh 4x4 with beach - great beach stop - very island educational

Make dinner and show reservations months early

1 Comment