The Great , The Not so Great, The Bad

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night Southern Caribbean (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 01, 2015
Ship: Quantum of the Seas

Starting with the embarkation - getting on board was simple and very quick.  No sitting in the lounge at all - a great start.  270 is a great place for a quick breakfast and a quick lunch.  Roast beef sandwiches as good if not better than Allure.  Balcony cabin ready before 1 and appeared larger than other ships.  Eliminating the coffee table a good choice.  The electronics worked fairly well.  More on that later.  The shows - Mama Mia - was fantastic.  In fact all entertainment was top notch.  Kudos to the cruise director.  The ship seemed more crowded than Allure.  Dynamic dining - worked well for the 4 of us.  I made reservations many months early and that helped.  American Icon - rates a 0 - food bland - service awful.  Orders were wrong and the staff was very indifferent.  Same with Chic.  Grande - is great - Rose our wait person - special shout out as she is great.  Silk - our favorite regular restaurant.  In fact the head waiter was special - he made us fried chicken on day 11 as I mentioned that it was not available (on day 3) in American Icon even though it showed as a feature even on the app. He remembered and this is the service I knew RCCL provides. Windjammer - I think does not have enough attendants - many times I had to bus my own table - and when they did clean the tables they continued to use the same dirty rag on all tables - hygiene is lacking on Quantum - really surprising for RCCL.   Jamies Italian a specialty restaurant (ie additional price) very good although they did not have their signature dish - Pork Belly the entire cruise (we went twice) the head waiter did what he could to make our dinners special.  Chef's Table - not as special as on Allure - the chef did not come out with each course - we did not have name places and did not get an autograph cook book - the venue is also not as special as on Allure.  Vintages - wine tasting fun and the wine they provided was excellent.  Wonderland was also fantastic although out of a certain item - the ,most popular - crab - I feel that if I am paying extra they should have all items - in fact our party mates made a comment - "why do I have to pay extra for good food".  Ports were fine and I recommend the 4x4 in St Kitts and Barbados especially. Tip -  buy wine by the bottle at Windjammer - its 50% off - then carry to the dining you reserve - you can save some money!   Now a few drawbacks.  Customer Service is severely lacking on Quantum.  Our cabin was left open by staff for several hours and the staff seemed quite uncaring - our cabin attendant Ronaldo was great but the management was indifferent to the situation totally.  Also trying to get credit for mini bar service that was charged to us (9516- when it was supposed to be 9546) took 8 days to correct.  It also happened to our friends that travelled with us - they continued to say its a computer problem - not my problem RCCL needs to get with it.  Another instance was when the wrist band stopped working for our friends - and one had to get a new wrist band - then the other wrist band and the cards stopped working - when customer service got involved the woman insisted that we didn't know how to use the wrist band - really?  - it was deactivated - I thought the customer was always right - not so much on Quantum.  Debarking also quick and efficient  Overall - the trip was fantastic - and I recommend RCCL - but Quantum customer service needs training on service. .

Special restaurants - great - Grande and Silk great - Anerican Icon & Chic - terrible

Top Notch

Ronaldo - cabin attendant great , Rose and teh head waiter at Silk

Brand new

Bed by balcony - make sure you get this - some are switched - no problem with waves - go high in floors - then you don't feel or hear the wave crashes as much

Make dinner and show reservations months early

Bayonne does not have any services at port yet
Came in late - so not much to do
Aleays love St Maarten
Must do an excursion - not much at port
Do the 4x4 - saw monkee's