Oosterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Best cruise yet!

Sail Date: November 06, 2015

My wife and I have been on 4 cruises, 2 Carnival to the Caribbean, 1 Norwegian to the Mediterranean, and this Holland America to the southern Caribbean. Far and away this was our best cruise yet. The gourmet food was scrumptious, the service excellent, but the thing we liked most was it wasn't crowded like the other cruise lines. Although fully booked the ship only held 1,900 passengers compared to the 5-6,000 on Carnival and Norwegian. Never had a problem finding a table or lounge chair. Never a wait for dinner. The excursions were great and cheaper too. Loved everything about it except the part about me breaking my arm. I was standing in our stateroom with my back to the door to the veranda. The ship rolled and I leaned back against the door which had a faulty latch. The door swung open and I fell backwards onto the veranda breaking and dislocating my elbow. So, I'll have a cast on until Christmas! Lessons learned! Don't trust doors to latch. Anyway, while onboard we did book a June 14 day Alaskan cruise and a 15 day Panama Canal cruise for November next year on Holland America which we're looking forward to.

Don't trust the veranda door to latch.