First Holland America Experience

Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Glacier Discovery Southbound (Anchorage To Vancouver)
Sail Date: May 18, 2014
Ship: Oosterdam
Cabin Type: Suite

I loved the land portion of my trip but the ship cruise was very disappointing.The crew was not that friendly or helpful.This was my retirement cruise which I saved up for and having spent so much money,I was extremely disappointed in the cruise. Holland reps who helped me plan my trip were "REALLY" great! The people on the land portion were above and beyond what I exspected...very friendly,very informative and genuinely wanted us to enjoy the trip of a lifetime.The ship ship disappointed us,in every way!! From the entertainment,the limited dining,but most of all the crew and staff did not make me feel special like I feel on Royal Caribbean cruises! My room steward was the exeception...he always greeted us pleasantly and used our names.

Not that great and had a bad experience in the Pinnacle.

Not a whole lot going on and everything closed down quite abit earlier than we were use to.

A new waiter in the Pinnacle noticed we did not eat our meal and tried to make amends but we did not want to have any more of the same.

Our steward did everything to make our trip pleasant.

I would never go on this ship again and I'm not sure I will try Holland America again.

The Big Pink Bus was not worth the price!