Fantastic Crew. However Royal should be ashamed to let guest cruise on any ship in this condition. Regardless of their cruise status.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 08, 2019

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 12648

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I don't think you really want to know what all I have to say about the ship and it's condition. Disappointed. A let down. WAY overpriced for the condition. Royal Caribbean should be ashamed to let guest travel on a ship that was in need of repairs, cleaning and updating. I would caution anyone who is planning on booking a cruise on any ship that is "about to go into dry dock". Basically we were offered an offensive "discount" on our next cruise. This was Royals way of telling us to just deal with the bathroom flooding. Feedback from other guest on board had similar comments about the ship showing it's age.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Coastal Kitchen

The venue itself was again showing it's age. I am beginning to sound like a broken record. Seats were torn and broken. Carpet was dirty. Decor was dated. HOWEVER, the service was top notch and crew could of not been more accommodating. Food quality exceeded out expectations. If you can look past the age of the venue, this is recommended! Stunning views!

Chop's Grille

Beautiful restaurant. Again, Food quality was not to far above Coastal Kitchen. Overall for paying a premium. We would of just ate at Coastal for all meals as this was included in our cruise. Steak cuts were below par.

Cups and Scoops

It's Ben and Jerry's. Whats not to like? Except the price. But that is expected right?

150 Central Park

Beautiful restaurant. Food quality was not to far above Coastal Kitchen. Overall for paying a premium. We would of just ate at Coastal for all meals as this was included in our cruise.

Casino Royale

Again, this ship showing it's age. The casino looked like a knock off casino from 1960's Reno era. The smoke smell was overwhelming. Yes, we do gamble often and are accustom to the smoke. However this was a little much.

Suite Lounge

Again, it's age. Needs a face lift. The Suite Lounge does not need to remind people of a train station or a "last call" to board the Greyhound bus. Felt cheap and very dated.

Guest Services and Explorations!

Crew seemed irritated. And annoyed. Putting myself in their shoes, I would be as well.

Vitality at Sea Spa

Again, not what I was told. The spa was huge. However it was unorganized and not private. Instead of getting a nice "relaxing" massage. I felt like I just completed a tough mudder course.

A Close Shave

This was not what I expected. The soothing shave I was told was more of a face scrub. Would not recommend.

Theater

Ironically this being the venue on the ship where the most people gather. This venue was in the best condition than the rest of the ship.

The entire ship should of been in dry dock years ago. 2nd bathroom was not working. Crew did all they could to fix the issue. However the shower flooding the bathroom on 4 different occasions, from a clogged shower and the overwhelming smell of urine was unacceptable. This was a direct result with Royal Caribbean's neglect with not tending to the ship as they should have. Cabin layout was great. Need to get rid of the hot tub on the balcony. It is not necessary.

Ship tip

Great Ship. Poor conditions. It has been road hard and put away wet. WAY below par!

Ports of call