7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Vancouver Roundtrip

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Vancouver Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 19, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Sun

This was the first cruise for my wife and I. The experinence was great from beginning to end. I was a little concerned about getting on the ship and not know ing what to expect.  The process boarding took less than 45 minutes. Once we were on and saw our stateroom we were pleased at the ease of which we got adjusted to this environment. That was made even easier by our steward, Jericho, who was helpful through the entire trip. This trip was made even better by outstanding weather for all but the final day. The food was good and plentiful. We could eat when we wanted with plenty of choices.

The only downside at all was, when entiring the main buffet area, we were squirted with hand washing solutions every time, "washy washy, happy happy," got to be annoying annoying. I understand the need for sanitary conditions. With self hand wash stations every where. I think this was a little overkill.   In general this was a fantastic trip and I would certainly consider it again in the future.

Food ranged from ok to very good.

Stewert Jericho was outstanding. Very freindly and helpful.

Sports bar had great wings.

We spend 3 days before cruise and 2 after in Vancouver a lot to see here.
Went on whale watch at this location on a jet boat, this was a fantastic side trip.
Went on White mountain rail pass trip. Very scenic with a lot of history.
Again great weather made this a very exciting trip.
Out of all the stops, this location was our favorite, with both wild life and nataive history.
Weather was a bit of a problem here, it was cold and overcast most of this part.