Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Nov 2013 Southern Carribean MRC

Sail Date: October 30, 2013

Cabin: GTY

In general the cruise was as expectted with the exception of the dining room service and food.  I used the dinin groom service three times in 11 days and was disappointed every time  The food was not prepared as requested, i.e. a requested  "medium rare" steak was cooked "well done" every time .  Three stikes and "you're out", in my ball game.  I ate the remaining meals from the general buffet.  That food was very good but somewhat boring, same dishes served every day.  I would cruise again with Norwegian but would have lower expectations.  The cabin service was very good as was the service provided by the casino staff (I'm a gambler).

My largest complaint is not specific to Norwegian but applies to all cruiselines.  I am a single traveler. Therefore, even though I spend a considerable amount on shore excursions, shopping on the ship, bingo, and other games and approximately $1500.00 in the casino, I am required to pay full fare for a cabin.  Just to take this trip, I had to pay $1000 for a $500 cruise.  I would expect and accept an "up-charge" as a single cruiser but not TWICE THE ADVERTISED PRICE!

1 Comment