Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A great experience

Sail Date: August 05, 2006

The Norwegian Sun is a beautiful ship. The crew does an outstanding job of keeping everything immaculately clean and polished. The shows were outstanding. The performers are as good as any I've seen on Broadway. The food is extraordinary. I really enjoy the freestyle crusiing with the choice of nine restaurants offering not only an excellent variety of cuisines but also the choice of ambiance in which to enjoy them. I also enjoyed the digital tour of the ship and the information supplied by the head chef. His friendly and informative talk made me appreciate the freshness, quiality, and style of the cuisine even more. I booked another cruise before I left the ship.

Pros: food and views

Cons: I looked forward to educational lectures - they were boring.

The Norwegian Sun is lovely. It was easy to get around and I was especially impressed with the hand disinfectant stations everywhere. Their emphasis on cleanliness gave me peace of mind about all their restaurants.
The food was the best part of our trip. The variety, freshness, presentation, and quality were all superlative.
Our stateroom was always welcoming. Our room steward was quiet, but efficient and unobtrusive. I enjoyed his towel creations.
Everyone we encountered was professional, competent, and friendly without being too familiar - a real treat in these overly casual times of "too much information".
The shows were a real delight. My husband is originally from New York City and grew up going to Broadway shows on a regular basis. Even he was totally impressed.

I would like to see more and better quality offerings in the educational lecutres. We attended a talk on the history of Alaska and the presenter showed the same slide throughout the 45 minute talk. Also, using an LCD projector and a powerpoint presentaion format would certainly be an improvement on an overhead projector.
Juneau, Alaska
Good shopping
Don't Miss: The tram going up Mt. Roberts
Juneau, Alaska
Good shopping
Don't Miss: The tram going up Mt. Roberts
Skagway, Alaska
The helicopter tour "Valley of the Glaciers" was great.
Don't Miss: The helicopter tour
Ketchikan, Alaska
I just loved the canopy adventure. The guides were outstanding. Anthony and Levi made sure we felt safe but had fun. They were patient, thorough, and informative. The shops were nice - good quality merchandise and reasonable prices
Don't Miss: Canopy adventure
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
You must be kidding.
Skagway, Alaska
The helicopter tour "Valley of the Glaciers" was great.
Don't Miss: The helicopter tour