Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

First time was great

Sail Date: September 09, 2006

The ship and crew were fantastic. everything went very smooth and the crew were calling me by name by the second day. Either I was the biggest Pain in the A** or they really have good memories. I will pick the latter.
The views of Alaska and the southern BC coast were beautiful in their absence of man and their fullness of nature. I can only wonder what it was like in the late 1700's when all there were was wilderness and native americans (First Nations in Canada).

Pros: too much food......great! Luvd it!

Cons: waiting over 2 minutes for a drink....Now really!

I guess the Norweigan Sun is not the biggest in the fleet but the crew do a wonderful job of keeping it bright and clean.
Alwasy fresh and always as much as you want.....probably more than I needed. ;-)
Not too big and not too small for two people. We were in an inside cabin.
WOW, are they ever freindly....even if thier english was not that clear they would go out of their way to MAKE you have a fun time.
Good shows and good entertainment
Skagway, Alaska
A bit of old world and tourist glitz. the nature is this towns greatest asset. took a bus tour up to the top of the PASS and saw several mountain goats....No bear this trip!
Juneau, Alaska
Not as commercialized by our dock but pleanty to buy in town. The mendenhal glacier was neat even from the public view we did using a local tour. A helecopter ride would have been very cool, but out of my budget this time.
Ketchikan, Alaska
A bit overly commercialized by the cruise lines but it has its own beauty anyway. The people were all freindly that I came accross.
Don't Miss: Stewart, totempoles
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
SMall and not built up like some of the other ports of call. Very much a real working town. Charming nevertheless.