A Really Fine Cruise

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 15, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Sun
The ship was nicely set up. It was nicely decorated.

Once again, the "Available Everyday" menu needs to have a better selection. I also felt that there were too many nights where an Italian dish was at the top of the list. I believe that you should put an Italian dish in the "Available Everyday" menu.

The three premier shows were the greatest - probably the best that I have seen on a cruise.

All of the personnel were a delight to work with. The hostess in the Four Seasons dining room was terrific.

Other cruise lines that I have been on had an adult pool and an adult jacuzzi. Although I enjoy kids, it is nice to be away from them sometimes like for swimming and relaxing in the jacuzzi.

Our stateroom was comparable to all others in which we have stayed. The service was very good.
We enjoyed our Rainforest mini-hike. The eagles were impressive. The trees looked like Christmas trees with eagles on their branches for ornaments.
Why would anyone want to sail into this port? My wife and I felt that this was a waste of time. You really have to find a different port to visit. Perhaps Vancouver would be a nice addition.
The train ride was literally "the best". The scenery and the ride itself was spectacular.
The helicopter ride to the Mendenhall Glacier was supurb. The glacier experience was also exciting.

Pros: The "freestyle dining" was a plus. There were no enormous lines and most often you could just walk in and be seated in about five minutes.

Cons: Although the food was terrific, I felt that the "always available" portion of the menu was not as good as other cruise lines. Prime Rib should be a mainstay everyday. Prince Rupert is a real dud. You need to get a more exciting port to tour than that.