Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A Really Fine Cruise

Sail Date: July 15, 2006

The ship was nicely set up. It was nicely decorated.

Pros: The "freestyle dining" was a plus. There were no enormous lines and most often you could just walk in and be seated in about five minutes.

Cons: Although the food was terrific, I felt that the "always available" portion of the menu was not as good as other cruise lines. Prime Rib should be a mainstay everyday. Prince Rupert is a real dud. You need to get a more exciting port to tour than that.

Other cruise lines that I have been on had an adult pool and an adult jacuzzi. Although I enjoy kids, it is nice to be away from them sometimes like for swimming and relaxing in the jacuzzi.
Once again, the "Available Everyday" menu needs to have a better selection. I also felt that there were too many nights where an Italian dish was at the top of the list. I believe that you should put an Italian dish in the "Available Everyday" menu.
Our stateroom was comparable to all others in which we have stayed. The service was very good.
All of the personnel were a delight to work with. The hostess in the Four Seasons dining room was terrific.
The three premier shows were the greatest - probably the best that I have seen on a cruise.
Ketchikan, Alaska
We enjoyed our Rainforest mini-hike. The eagles were impressive. The trees looked like Christmas trees with eagles on their branches for ornaments.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Why would anyone want to sail into this port? My wife and I felt that this was a waste of time. You really have to find a different port to visit. Perhaps Vancouver would be a nice addition.
Skagway, Alaska
The train ride was literally "the best". The scenery and the ride itself was spectacular.
Juneau, Alaska
The helicopter ride to the Mendenhall Glacier was supurb. The glacier experience was also exciting.