Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

THE BEST UNEXPECTED SURPRISE!

Sail Date: March 11, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised by certain amenities that aren't advertized but add so much to the cruise experience. There was a chapel on our boat as well as a priest who said daily Mass. WOW! Then, there were the helpful workers in the theater where daily bingo was held. The folks who cleaned and made up the rooms were like fairies...we could never catch them cleaning, but they did a thorough job nonetheless!

Pros: OUR 10 YR OLD SON WANTED THE CHILD PROGRAM, 24/7!

Cons: certain ports of call like Guatamala

The rooms are above the other cruise ships' rooms for multiple guests. I had my entire family in my room, 3 kids and 2 adults and we had enough room for all of us since the room crew is so adept at making the beds, converting the pull-out back to a sofa and pushing the twin pullout from the wall back into position...and we were only at breakfast!
We are a family of 5 and this was our second cruise. It was a great experience since the cleaning crew works very fast to clean the rooms, get the beds folded back into couches and the overall room seems great again!
Food on this cruise is just fabulous. I like a variety of foods and am open to new choices and this cruise satisfied all of my desires in the culinary capacity!
The crew was great and helpful; always friendly even when I witnessed beligerant cruisers giving the staff a hard time. In the casino, this can happen, and on my cruise...well, there was a beligerant lady who deserved to be locked in her cabin but the casino staff NEVER lost its patience. WOW>!
The casino staff needs a raise on the Norweigan Sun, for my cruise in March. They put up with spring fling kids who were drunk and totally obnoxious; they put up with an obnoxious lady who was a big roller and whom was belittling to the croupiers. I left the casino and would have gambled many nights but to avoid her treatment of the staff, I watched TV in my room.
My son would NOT leave the children's program. Mark DeVries, on the Norweigan Sun in March, 2006, departing Miami for 7 nights. He cried at home in Houston about having to go to this 'camp' as we called it and we told me to try it for 2 hours. We promised him if he hated it and it was for younger kids, he never had to go the rest of the cruise. Well, my son Mark would NOT get off the boat in ports of call, wanting to wait until the kids room re-opened. I have NEVER seen this child want to go to a kid-filled program before or since; it is a huge compliment to the staff!
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
ditto
shop and barter, shop and barter....the best deals around!
Belize City, Belize
A VERY cool place for kids and families! Skip the zoo but the Belize River is a cool attraction as is the caves and tubing. Lots to see and lots to do; a great place to get off the boat!
Don't Miss: tubing thru the caves and the Belize River cruise
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
I stayed on the ship; unless you want to bid in a mini- flea market in the heat at the end of a dock with people who barely speak English but who what your donero, stay onboard
Don't Miss: Don't miss the luxury of being on the boat when everyone else leaves.