Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My first Norwegian

Sail Date: March 27, 2016

We have been on several cruises with various cruise lines, but this was our first Norwegian cruise.  We went on the cruise with mediocre expectations as our last cruise with another unnamed cruise line did not go so well.  I must say that Norwegian exceeded our expectations in almost every aspect.  The food was wonderful, the shows and entertainment were worthy of Vegas and maybe even Broadway, and the Norwegian Star was an excellent ship.  We particularly enjoyed the Freestyle Cruising that Norwegian markets.  Being able to choose your dinner time was very nice and the specialty restaurants were wonderful.  I would recommend the Specialty Dining package for at least a few nights, but the main dining areas were also really good.   Add in the Beverage package and it made for a cruise that is very hard to beat.  Thanks Norwegian for a great vacation! Since I am no longer a virgin Norwegian; we are ready for our next Norwegian.  Once you go Norwegian, you never go back, I'm told.  Happy Love

Tampa, Florida
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Go to West Bay beach, Great snorkeling and beach bars.
Belize City, Belize
Cave tubing is the ticket here in my view.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Head to Mahalual Beach for a day of fun
Rent a jeep and do the circle around the island.

Make reservations for dining. whether it is the main or the Specialty restaurants; it will save you time.
If you are a smoker, there is a quiet little deck at the 5 O'clock Somewhere Bar that is great for cigars. When getting off the ship, the line is very long for the free style debarkation.