Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Norwegian Star Experience

Sail Date: January 03, 2016

I normally refrain from leaving comments or saying anything negative about a company or experience. But, this is the exception. I am an avid cruiser, I normally cruise with Carnival and Royal Caribbean. This being my first Norwegian ship experience, I of course can't help but compare. I will say, the music being played throughout the ship was awful. You would look around and see so many drab faces. Your environment around you is what creates the vibes and energy of those around you as well, and when the music being played isn't vacation style music or upbeat tunes and the staff and cruisers are all moping around, you too, can't help but notice it. I'm  not sure if the crumby  weather played apart of this, but something should be done about this. Along with the music, the outside top pool bartenders were beyond rude to guests, including myself. They wouldn't serve guests, copped attitudes, talked about guests while guests could hear, and argued with guests while bar tending. I've never witnessed such rude and disrespectful cruise staff towards paying customers, outrageous! Also, the top kitchens (buffets) closing so early in the evening was something new, and with such a "freestyle" way of cruising and "freestyle" way of dining, one would expect the buffets to stay open much later. Those were the major issues I found on my Norwegian experience. These were things that I've always received with other ships and were things I absolutely couldn't help but notice and couldn't help but bring to your attention. In my opinion, these are things that can and should be addressed for a better cruising experience. I left with giving my opinion to others that have asked, and honestly, it's to cruise with other ships, and these are the main reasons why.

The cabin was great