Relaxing and Fun

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 29, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Star

Everything was great, besides one major complaint I have. The excursions were a rip off! Book through the locals. We paid way more than we wanted to on these excursions and feel that they were not worth the money. Especially the dolphin swim and ride. It was cool, but was way overpriced in my opinion.

The service of the crew on the ship was profound! We were spoiled by them. Loved it. The waiters, cleaners, and rest of crew brought a smile to my face every day. I feel like we could all learn a thing or two about their attitudes towards work.Happy

I did not like the constant loud music by the pool. I was really wanting more quiet places to go on the deck to relax, read, or take a nap. Seemed like everywhere I went, it was loud with people being loud or with blaring music.

Great

Excursions are a rip off. The shows are awesome, crew is awesome, loved the workout center...

Checked out the Florida Aquarium. Very cool!
Snorkeling off of West Bay beach was good!
Went Ziplining and crystam cave tubing. Booked through the cruise line. Felt like we paid too much for what we got.
Did an excusion to the Mayan Ruins. We booked it with a local and got to go with the cruise ship excurision team. We got a way better deal then booking it through the cruise ship.
We loved the water at Cozumel! We did a dolphin swim and ride in the morning, which we thought we paid too much for, then rented a scooter for the afternoon and checked out other beaches. The snorkeling was good right off the shore and the water was beautiful. I would not recommend the dolphin excusion.