Star out of Tampa

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 29, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Star
Cabin Type: Suite

Overall had a good cruise.  Things that some reviewers complained about were non-existent.  I have been on over 40 cruises.  My saying is, there are no "bad" cruises, some are just better than others!"

Service: No problem. All went out of their way to be of service.

Food:  I've had better, but nothing really to complain about. A tough piece of meat or no lobster, hey, get over it.  Nothing is perfect.  It seems the more a person can't  really afford a cruise, the more they will find to bitch about!

Entertainment:  Ranked right up there with the best I have ever seen. The house band was great, the 16 dancers and singers, fantastic.  The comedian Bud Anderson, so original, so funny, so talented.  No wonder he has done 570+ shows on cruise lines.

Cabin: No problem and good service.

Yes, you wil notice cutbacks here and there. Like I miss the daily one page newspaper with happenings around the world.  Or only one daily Sea Program to share with all in your cabin. But these are things t help hold down the overall cabin rate you wil pay.  Drinks, yes high priced by my standards so what do I do?  Drink as little as possible on board, then have a "bang up'" time in port!

Could have used a bit more Trivia, one of the more popular past times on a cruise.  Seemed NCL was pushing to many "health seminars" all day.

Any cruise is a good cruise if you do your homework and pick out a cruise suited for you and at the right price.  I was very happy with my T.A. and "Entertainment".

Didn't have a problem except I gained 7#

Could have used more Trivia. I don't lay around the pool for 3 hours at a time so I had some 'dead' time.

Finest on the high seas! Good set designs and staging. Cruise director comes on strong at times, (he's his best fan) but he did OK. Did a great magic act on the last night.

Only from what I could see, it looked like they took good care of the kids.

Everyone friendly. You wil get back what you give. It's that easy !

Modern, airy, clean, no problems

Only problem is what everyone says about the mini suites, no drawer or shelf space. The shelves are inside the closet on the extreme left side. After you hang up your clothes, it is impossible t retrieve anything with out pulling out half your clothes and having a flashlight :-)

The selection of free juices 24 hours a day is nice. AND one thing you can still get is Smoked Salmon. They have not taken that treat away. Oh, and don't forget to try some of the optional dining venues, some free and some with a charge. Had a great time at the Brazilian Steak House.

I live here. Go to Ybor City ( eebor city ) it is the original Cuban section of town. Safe, good food options, nice décor.
The straw market just outside the port gate. 2nd floor. FREE Wi-Fi and $2 Margaritas!
If you don't take an authorized shore tour, do NOT leave the dock. Nowhere to go anyway and you want to come home with your wallet. Lots of 'cheap' drink and snack bars right on the water front dock ! What a surprise.
One of our favorites. Take the $4 ride to the town/beach 3 miles away. "Everyone" goes there. Beers, Ceviche, free chairs on the beach, JUST DO IT !
Woody's Bar downtown, right off of the town square. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff & owners. Chankanaab Park is the place to go on this island.